Sleepy duckling not eating much HELP!

Just put the B complex liquid on the scrambled egg much better than trying to do it orally for one so tiny. Just make sure Sage gets it and not Nutmeg. Although some in their water too for Nutmeg would be a good idea. something like this.
8AFFB8E6-980F-4D46-B4BB-0F9C04A19524.jpeg

I bought the B complex. I plan to give her some soon. It says for adult cattle 1-2 mLs per 100 pounds....a half a mL sounds like a ton then, but its probably different for chickens right? Anything else I should know about it? I have a bad feeling about Sage...shes going downhill I feel like. I'm trying so hard to save her. :hit :hit I feel so defeated like I'm doing something wrong yet I've been trying so hard to help her. Also I got some buff orpingtons that were on sale due to how old they were. I got them for a dollar each. They have their own separate brooder and everything. I figured if something happens to Sage...then Nutmeg can at least have the company of chicks....its better than nothing. I've tried to get more ducklings but they were either way too huge or the wrong breed.

@Crazy Maizie I saw you helped in another thread for a huge full sized pekin. I have this TINY khaki campbell duckling that needs some....should I give her 1/2 mL? Not my picture of the Vitamin B complex btw but I have the same bottle.
1649296115370.png

1649296215224.png

@Crazy Maizie I saw you helped in another thread for a huge full sized pekin. I have this TINY khaki campbell duckling that needs some....should I give her 1/2 mL? Not my picture of the Vitamin B complex btw but I have the same bottle. View attachment 3052654
View attachment 3052657
I know it sound like a lot, but I always gave the full dose. I'm not sure what is going on though as I haven't read through the entire thread.
Are you able to monitor how much she is eating?

I'd start with half ml since she is so tiny. You can try using a syringe[without a needle] or dropper and putting small drop right inside her bill let her swallow then do it again. Making sure she swallows after each drop. Or if she'll eat scrambled egg put it on the egg and mix it real good.

I know it sound like a lot, but I always gave the full dose. I'm not sure what is going on though as I haven't read through the entire thread.
Are you able to monitor how much she is eating?
Thats the thing, shes not really eating anything besides scrambled egg I hold up to her. I've tried her crumbles plain, mixed in with egg, mixed in with water, and all together. I even bought meal worms, for her to try. Ok great thanks!
I'd start with half ml since she is so tiny. You can try using a syringe[without a needle] or dropper and putting small drop right inside her bill let her swallow then do it again. Making sure she swallows after each drop. Or if she'll eat scrambled egg put it on the egg and mix it real good.
Awesome thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom