Sleepy duckling not eating much HELP!

Just add it to their water since she is doing so well. Did you make them a waterer that they can't spill so easily?
Can you get us a video so we can see her walking and her bony lumps.
I am so happy to hear she is doing so well. And that her and Waffles are hitting it off now too.

Just add it to their water since she is doing so well. Did you make them a waterer that they can't spill so easily?
I am so happy to hear she is doing so well. And that her and Waffles are hitting it off now too.
Ok. Yes I did make them a waterer. I can try but its a family members birthday and its chaotic so it might b a bit later. For sure! Thanks!

If it’s not even been 48 hours I’d give the duckling some time. Realize they have gone through a lot. Shipping TO TSC and then being there and then traveling to your house and being in a new environment. Hopefully the little one will perk up and do just fine. But just like chicks sometimes they just don’t make it. Hoping for the best
I think your advice is excellent. I bought 3 ducks from TSC last Thurs. The smallest one died the next morning. My husband commented Thursday evening that "Andy" was salivating - he had other problems. I think he was just too young to handle everything he went through -He was only two days old!! Anyway, his brother (now about a week old is also salivating & he's not growing like the ones I hatched out. Is this normal?

I think your advice is excellent. I bought 3 ducks from TSC last Thurs. The smallest one died the next morning. My husband commented Thursday evening that "Andy" was salivating - he had other problems. I think he was just too young to handle everything he went through -He was only two days old!! Anyway, his brother (now about a week old is also salivating & he's not growing like the ones I hatched out. Is this normal?
Hopefully @Miss Lydia can chime in. Obvious questions would be of nares are clear, what’s the temp in the brooder like, feed, supplements, etc.

Hey sorry it has been an insane week and I am only now getting these to you. I have moved them out of my room and into the garage since they were getting big and stinking my room up quickly no matter how fast I could clean it. Sage still seems to walk, stand, and run oddly. I have no idea. Both Waffles and Sage are growing SO fast. I am glad to see that Sage is growing at what seems to be the same rate Waffles is and is still considerably bigger than her. They are different in age so it seems right. Well Sage is still way smaller than the ducks her age but is growing consistently. It also seems like Sage sleeps or lays down more. I put vitamin B in her water every day so idk. Here are the pictures of her odd looking back. The tops of her legs seem to jut out her back. More so than the other ducks. Maybe she just looks different?

1651460835249.png
1651460893491.png
1651460915936.png
1651460934581.png
1651460945907.png
1651460961825.png

They are adorable. I don't know what may be going on with Sage But if she is growing eating and drinking and enjoying life hopefully it's not anything to worry about. She looks healthy and you have done such a good job of getting her where she is. I believe if you hadn't brought her inside for the TLC you'd have lost her.
How are your other ducklings doing? have these two met them?

They are adorable. I don't know what may be going on with Sage But if she is growing eating and drinking and enjoying life hopefully it's not anything to worry about. She looks healthy and you have done such a good job of getting her where she is. I believe if you hadn't brought her inside for the TLC you'd have lost her.
How are your other ducklings doing? have these two met them?
Thank you! I'm so glad she is better! The other three ducks are growing SO fast! They outgrew my small starter brooder and are close to outgrowing the next one. (I wasn't set up to having a big one from the start but we can keep making small changes) I let the other three out for some outside time on days where it gets really warm out. They love playing in the mud and they get to meet a few of my grown hens through the bars. I have not been able to introduce them yet since I just moved Sage and Waffles out yesterday. I plan on having them meet soon. The other three are quite nervous around me though since much of my time was consumed caring for Sage. I plan on socializing them much more soon.

Thank you! I'm so glad she is better! The other three ducks are growing SO fast! They outgrew my small starter brooder and are close to outgrowing the next one. (I wasn't set up to having a big one from the start but we can keep making small changes) I let the other three out for some outside time on days where it gets really warm out. They love playing in the mud and they get to meet a few of my grown hens through the bars. I have not been able to introduce them yet since I just moved Sage and Waffles out yesterday. I plan on having them meet soon. The other three are quite nervous around me though since much of my time was consumed caring for Sage. I plan on socializing them much more soon.
Sounds like you have everything under control. Good work!

Quick update! This is Sage now!! It turned out hes a boy, but thats ok. I love him very much!!! He is HUGE and lives outside with his siblings now!!! He still does wattle and move slightly different than the other ducks, but you only see it if you stare for a while. I'm so happy he is thriving!!! It makes everything I went through so worth it!
1654276568531.png
1654276596671.png

Back
Top Bottom