Sleepy Girl all the time past 2 weeks..

I feel your pain Babybird.  I have a Speckled Sussex with these same symptoms.  She is currently in a dog kennel in the house.  When I picked her up yesterday, she seemed really warm.

We just dewormed about 4 weeks ago, and used Corid in their water the final 5 days of the egg withdrawal.  I had a Welsummer that had the same exact symptoms 4 weeks ago, then a Buff Orpington 3 weeks ago.  I'm at a loss as to what this is.  And we're getting more eggs than we ever have before, so most of the 21 hens are strong and healthy.
What did you use to worm your chickens?

I used Safeguard. For 5 days, the correct amount per pound via mouth/syringe. The difference in the comb color of some of the older birds was amazing, and then the egg production spike, which could have been coincidence (post molt, and some coming of age). We purchased most of our birds in August at about 12-16 weeks, and then seven, 1-year olds in September. During the molt, we were averaging 3-4 eggs for the 24 hens. Now we're getting 6-7 per day, and still have some pullets in the "I could be old enough to lay, I just don't" category. The illness is just so sad, and discouraging. I bring a bird inside, and it feels like the kiss of death. My Sussex is still alive, she just won't eat or drink any longer. Same scenarios as my Welsummer and Buff. I know sometimes this is just the way it is, but it makes me sad.

I will go today... thank u... shes in the house now near the warm fireplace but refuses drink or food... sleepy yet again... this is so heart breaking... perhaps dewormer should have been first... idk... so much info and no farm vet near.... yhanks will get asap

So all i could find is the wazine17... please help... i think shes starving herself

What should be the dosage if i want to try to get the straight into her... or should i cut it with her water...

Thats all they had...there is a southern states about 45 mins away... but nothing else.. will it help if i at least start her on the wazine17?

Back
Top Bottom