Slight rant..

I would suggest that you make sure your property is Posted. It seems that natural respect for the personal property and asking permission seems to be foreign concepts to more & more people!

Maybe next time instead of yelling at an intruder, you DH should run out the door screaming like a banshee RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! BEFORE THE BULL SEES YOU!

Quote:
Our property is posted, and the seconded part made me laugh
gig.gif

my wife an I own a 130 acre farm here in south Georgia.
Well we too have the same problems. Last year it was kids on 4 whelers running threw the crops. this year it was a man from down the street stealing peanuts! We lease the feilds for planting, and the fool just pulled on the road, threw the ditch, into the field and began loading his truck with as many peanuts as he and 5 other of his buddies could get! My sister happened to see him and told him to leave, he cursed her and told her he had permission! Can you believe it. She co owns it with me and like to have died when he said that (she has a very short fuse too! LOL) Needless to say, he finally left.
Well 3 weeks later, she noticed yet another man right out in the middle of this 25 acre field, stealing yet more peanuts.
She told him to leave too, and dog gone if he didnt want to argue with her saying he too had permission!!!!
He left and in 5 Minutes returned with, you guessed it! The guy from 3 weeks earlier. They BOTH called my sister into the yard and cursed her for everything she was worth. Told her they had never hurt a thing by getting some of our peanuts and that people like her made them sick, just gready worthless $%#^& basically is what they called her.
Well, That was it, when I got home we made a point to straighten all parties involved out on this!
They now know that she will no longer bother them if they want to trespass, the local sherif will! And folks, these were our neighbors!
You know, just ask first, we would have gladly said o kay, but not to some one who will do you that way.
Unbeleivable! At least it seems I m not the only one
LOL

I live across the street from the local Little League baseball field, a field that has a large parking lot. The first year I lived here I had a lot of trouble with people parking all over my yard/pasture because it was closer than the parking lot. I spent hours on Saturdays trying to keep the grass mowed and would have to stop to go get people to move their dang cars. They'd park there even though it was apparent I was trying to cut the grass. I was prone to give up and run my lawnmower as close to their cars as possible and throw wet grass all over the place. Unfortunately some of it stuck to their illegally parked cars. Tragic, really.
The next summer I posted signs everywhere and added a huge "Please do not park in my yard" sign for extra umphh. Had a guy park right in front of it and then get mad when I went out to tell him to move. He insisted that he was only going to be there a minute and did I really mean no parking. Ummmmm, yes. Thus the ginormous sign. Dork.
On the Fourth of July I give the town permission to use my field as the old person/disability lot and they carefully rope it off (and actually take really good care of it- they always ask permission first!). One year I came home late the night of July 3rd to discover several hundred cars had bypassed the ropes (driving within a couple of feet of my picket fence and flowers to do so!) and were parked for a softball game. They had conveniently ignored the ropes and signs. I was livid, especially since some of the rowdier ones decided to party until midnight and I had to go out the next morning to pick up cigarette butts and beer bottles. Grrrrrrr.

My latest solution is to just not cut that acre of land. I kind of like the au natural look and it saves me tons of gas and time. I even planted a bunch of wildflower seeds over there to add to the festive look. Apparently if the grass is waist high no one wants to try driving on it. The added bonus was that the town men mowed the tall grass down for the 4th and I didn't have to cut it! Whoohoo!

It's completely aggrevating that people will bypass the regular parking lot in order to park in my yard, especially when it is obviously a yard! I may give up, fence it in and get a couple of goats. Maybe then people would leave it alone!
rant.gif

I am terribly fond of the signs you can get for specific dog breeds. I have one with a doberman on it. There is a profile of the dog (or two dogs) with the saying "I/We can make it to the fence in 2.3 seconds. Can you?" on it. (I might be wrong about the time, but it's something like that. Terribly effective and fun.

Sarah

Quote:
Buster I hope you get a good book from Rand McNally before you head to Ohio, because if you get to the covered bridges of PA, you have driven too far. Whens the visit, I might have to visit my family in Oh when you head this way.
lau.gif

Quote:
Problem is my dogs wouldn't hurt anything. They are afraid of cats for goodness sake..

Marlinchaser

Enough said, those marylanders are all like that.

I didn't realize all Marylanders were all like you.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom