Slightly tinted egg with gray speckles?

zooweemama

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Far Northern California
Below are my listed breeds. I recognize 2 of the eggs as my Pekins eggs- large kinda round and white. Almost daily I get a slightly gray/green egg with gray green speckles. You really notice it a lot when it's next to the Pekins eggs but it is not super vivid. Do any of the ducks I have lay speckled eggs? It's very odd but very consistent almost every single day. I will attach an image right under this post.

Last edited:
ahezehup.jpg

It's not dirty - it's speckles on the egg.

Excuse my typos. Sent from my iPhone.

we get various shades on some of the eggs. The french white muscovy give an off shade of "green" sometimes a Silver Appleyard will have an egg not exactly white. No real way to know who is laying it unless you isolate the ducks.

ahezehup.jpg

It's not dirty - it's speckles on the egg.
Could be from a Runner. We had a hen that you could point out her egg every day because it had the specks on it just like this egg only on a pale green shell. Some of the other runners laid white eggs or just plain green eggs but she always had specks on her eggs. She was just a production runner but a great layer.

Thanks! We have 1 runner laying and 1 not yet laying (according to her pelvis measurement). So it could be her. I know it's not the Pekin eggs. I didn't even know ducks could lay speckled eggs honestly. My layers that are not the Pekins all leave behind a very thick bloom on their eggs too.

Back
Top Bottom