Slow and Steady Wins the Race

I can weigh her when I get home in about an hour. I'm not super concerned with her looking pale yet since she's just not mature in any other way. My other pullets usually didn't turn red until 24 weeks give or take. She's not sick, just a munchkin as far as I can tell.

I'm 100% sure. She hatched July 7th from my own Orps. I'm well aware she is way behind just wondering if there's others out there and what they do.

She is sweet that's for sure. I just wasn't expecting such a tiny thing from my monsters haha my flock is borderline the size of a turkey (slight exaggeration) and then this happened. I suppose it is what it is. Now I wonder if she'll ever lay. I won't be too bothered if she can't because she is that sweet. Just curious.

I would definitely keep an eye on her when she gets closer to lay. I wouldn't be worried about the paleness either at this point, BOrps take forever to mature! Hopefully she will lay eggs for her body size rather than her genetic background.

I agree with that. Although my orps don't seem to have very large eggs. My leghorns are small but lay a huge egg. It's just not normal we lost one this summer to a severely prolapsed vent. The vet tried everything. I couldn't imagine that happening again.

Ok I just weighed her. I had to wait for your highness to be good and ready to make her appearance haha she weighs exactly 2.5 pounds. And looking at her, she's a teeny bit pink not nearly as pale as she looks in the picture. I tried to get a close up. I have not mastered the art of holding a chicken and a camera yet :)

Last edited:
She might lay......I'd just had my 21 week old mix lay her first egg today.
She will probably stay smaller sized her whole life, but I think she will lay.

Hopefully she lays a munchkin size egg haha Maybe I will have to get her that bantam boyfriend
big_smile.png

I secretly wanted to build another coop for some bantams just because they're so dang cute. Maybe this is some kind of sign! She'll be the start of my munchkin crew hehe

Back
Top Bottom