Slow, slow, slow.....

specklesmom

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Texas
Since the changes in BYC it takes forever and ever to try to read anything! We are on fios and everything else is super fast....just BYC is dragging. I don't enjoy it at all anymore and am going to begin looking for something that works quickly enough that I don't fall asleep while staring at the little hourglass!!

Those of you having speed/performance issues, please reply with your browser and version. For example: Firefox 10.1, Internet Explorer 8.0, Google Chrome 17.0 etc. NOTE: Windows XP and Windows 7 are your operating system and not web browsers.

Also let us know if you're tried a different browser to access the site and which one / version and if it made any difference.

It is almost impossible for us to troubleshoot your problems without this information.

Last edited:
I'm using XP and IE 8. I'm having the same issues. It takes too much time navigating so that's why I don't come around much. The old site seemed fairly instantaneous to navigate. I hope you guys figure it out. You've got an enormous following.

Things like the back button don't work for me. Logging in login name field not grabbing focus. I have to click several times between loggin name field and password field to get it. Just general navigation very slow.

I use Windows 7 on a netbook. And yes, since the changes it takes forever because you have to wait for the header and all the ads and info on the side to load before you can access the page. Sometimes I don't bother anymore. The other format was so much faster you never even noticed a delay at all.

I have Vista, IE 8 and never had any issues on uploading but it is better than Foxfire, etc. programs because they slow my computers down.

Hubby has the XP and IE8 and he has not had any issues with accessing into BYC either.

If all else fails, could it be your internet server? Ours is the AT&T, excellent service and automatic downloads by Microsoft.

Have you updated your Adobe Flash player? I had that issue with FB, couldn't access or very slow downloading. So I click to update Adobe and all is fine.

Honestly, I'm surprised when I read that people on IE 8 are not having performance problems. That browser is about 4 years old (in internet time, that's FOREVER), so we definitely encourage people to install the newest versions of Firefox or Google Chrome (both free) and give them a try. Doing so will usually not only improve your performance here, but also on other sites.

If you are having problems, please continue to post your current browser and version as well as any other specific details about the problems you are having.

I have the latest Chrome, performance is fine with other sites and horrible here...really painful and not fun at all anymore on BCY. Is there any way to turn off the gratuitous graphics? Unless the site speeds up, I'll have to find other ways to entertain myself.
Regret to be a whiner, but really, you had such a great site before.

Let me know what I can to, if anything.
Tx,
N. VA.

Your last access logs say you where on here with IE8.

I would be checking browser configuration pointers posted here. Check to ensure Java is enabled and current.

Honestly, I'm surprised when I read that people on IE 8 are not having performance problems. That browser is about 4 years old (in internet time, that's FOREVER), so we definitely encourage people to install the newest versions of Firefox or Google Chrome (both free) and give them a try. Doing so will usually not only improve your performance here, but also on other sites.

If you are having problems, please continue to post your current browser and version as well as any other specific details about the problems you are having.

Nifty, I don't know WHY those two versions slowed my computer down so bad that I had to delete them out of my computer and go back on IE 8. I would assume IE version is continuously updating so that is why I have not had any issues, either did hubby with the older computer, and not as often on BYC. I usually would ask him "is it me or does yours do the same thing" kind of trouble shooting.

Would the brand of computer might make the difference?

I had problems downloading the Java, for some reason my computer is unable to read the newer version. Heck this laptop is only two years old and so far, it has been good for me so far but still the graphic layout is still "busy" looking and not too user friendly. My age got something to do with it so I will take whatever BYC has to offer but like the others, I am not as on BYC as much as I used to.

Hope everyone else have the bugs worked out eventually. Not every user are created equally.

Back
Top Bottom