It turns out that the chicken that I thought was a pullet which I now call The thing or it. Is a cockerel. It is now 5 months old and the saddle feathers have now only come through. See images below of my cockerel in hiding. Let me know what you think. Wyandotte's indeed are tricky things.

IMG20220227144715.jpg

IMG20220227144722.jpg

IMG20220227145011.jpg

IMG20220227145021.jpg

Odd it has round hackle feathers. I suppose those are saddle feathers. Honestly I could go either way on gender still though the lacing and pointed tail coverts do say cockerel saddle. It's one of those "Pats" the Wyandotte seem to have now and then. Small legs, early maturity, low growth-I wouldn't breed it.

Odd it has round hackle feathers. I suppose those are saddle feathers. Honestly I could go either way on gender still though the lacing and pointed tail coverts do say cockerel saddle. It's one of those "Pats" the Wyandotte seem to have now and then. Small legs, early maturity, low growth-I wouldn't breed it.
Not planning to breed it. Either way. After this experience definitely not. Took to long to grow out, slow feathering, took eons for it to get a few tail feathers and now I find out that it is a cockerel. To whomever has an odd one like I had, this indeed is a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom