SLW cockerel or pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Noble Rooster, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Noble Rooster

Noble Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    NY
    [​IMG]6 weeks old. Always been larger and a little more developed than the rest. I'm starting to think cockerel but am keeping the female name for now...

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The comb, at least from the photo, doesn't seem that large/red. However, the stance and thick legs make me lean towards male.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm guessing pullet for now, though those thick legs are a little concerning. Could still be a cockerel; you'll know for sure in a few weeks.

4. Noble Rooster

Apr 28, 2009
    NY
    The comb is a touch redder than the others'. Some behavior things he/she does make me lean towards cockerel. Guess we'll see! Luckily so far he/she has a pretty chill personality and we have no problems keeping a rooster. Thanks for the help and i'll update when the truth is revealed!

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    It's too early to be sure, but I'm also leaning toward a cockerel. I would post it again in about 3 weeks. We should be able to tell for sure by then.

6. Noble Rooster

Apr 28, 2009
    NY
    Well, we're in week 13 and he's definitely a boy. About a week after I posted this it became abundantly clear. Even though we weren't expecting him I love having him -- there's definitely a different feel to a flock with a young roo around, and he is a sweetie. Here's hoping he stays that way![​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by