SLW cockerel or pullet?

Noble Rooster

Songster
10 Years
Apr 28, 2009
NY
6 weeks old. Always been larger and a little more developed than the rest. I'm starting to think cockerel but am keeping the female name for now...

The comb, at least from the photo, doesn't seem that large/red. However, the stance and thick legs make me lean towards male.

I'm guessing pullet for now, though those thick legs are a little concerning. Could still be a cockerel; you'll know for sure in a few weeks.

The comb is a touch redder than the others'. Some behavior things he/she does make me lean towards cockerel. Guess we'll see! Luckily so far he/she has a pretty chill personality and we have no problems keeping a rooster. Thanks for the help and i'll update when the truth is revealed!

It's too early to be sure, but I'm also leaning toward a cockerel. I would post it again in about 3 weeks. We should be able to tell for sure by then.

Well, we're in week 13 and he's definitely a boy. About a week after I posted this it became abundantly clear. Even though we weren't expecting him I love having him -- there's definitely a different feel to a flock with a young roo around, and he is a sweetie. Here's hoping he stays that way!

Back
Top Bottom