SLW/GLW sexing

Yes, unfortunately. :(
Darn. I was holding out hope for the GLW since she's the most submissive of the 4 chicks, always last out of the coop, into the coop, last to get food, doesn't stand up tall like the SLW, feathered much earlier than the SLW... But both had obvious comb and wattles at 3-4 weeks old.

Probably no hope, but crossing fingers as I wait to hear crowing. Should that start up soon? This is actually my first batch of chicks.

It depends on the birds. I had a boy that didn't crow until almost a year of age.
Some crow very early.
I'm sorry. There is 0 doubt they are both male.
It really sucks to get boys when you are guaranteed pullets. But it does happen. Although you should not have gotten two boys.

Darn. I was holding out hope for the GLW since she's the most submissive of the 4 chicks, always last out of the coop, into the coop, last to get food, doesn't stand up tall like the SLW, feathered much earlier than the SLW... But both had obvious comb and wattles at 3-4 weeks old.

Probably no hope, but crossing fingers as I wait to hear crowing. Should that start up soon? This is actually my first batch of chicks.
So sorry :(

Sometimes some roosters are more timid especially if there’s Other higher ranking roosters around. My Lav Orp was at the bottom of the pecking order out of all the other cockerels and even now with the older hens gets beat up. Theyre finally accepting him though. But he’s a huge wimp 😂🤣 so it happens.

So sorry :(

Sometimes some roosters are more timid especially if there’s Other higher ranking roosters around. My Lav Orp was at the bottom of the pecking order out of all the other cockerels and even now with the older hens gets beat up. Theyre finally accepting him though. But he’s a huge wimp 😂🤣 so it happens.
Fingers crossed that maybe that means that the two roosters will go on getting along well... Since I now have 2 roosters and 2 hens we will have to see how everyone acts once the hormones kick in in a few weeks. :fl And then decide who if anyone needs a new home... or the stewpot.

Back
Top Bottom