Sly fox wasn't so sly last night.

I'm with you possumcottage! Folks mean well, but actually do the animal a great disservice.
I've only ever had one coyote come out of the woods for a duck. Just my luck, I was looking out window & told hubby to get his .243! It was done very quickly, & no duck injured! Win, win! I know there's more, but they haven't come close yet. Now I have MY license & I'm ready should the need arise.

Now you need a gun with a name..Maybe Darwin....lol
I'm with you possumcottage! Folks mean well, but actually do the animal a great disservice.
I've only ever had one coyote come out of the woods for a duck. Just my luck, I was looking out window & told hubby to get his .243! It was done very quickly, & no duck injured! Win, win! I know there's more, but they haven't come close yet. Now I have MY license & I'm ready should the need arise.

So this guy was prowling my coop and terrorizing my birds. So I got a $20 trap from Harbor Freight. Stuck one of my coturnix quail in a wooden box with a mesh side at the end of the trap and this was the result in the morning. He got yelled at and squirted with a little water from a squirt bottle (my version of water boarding) and let go in another part of the property. This will be his first and last warning.

I had my first fox attack the other night and I've lived here for nearly 2 years! Went to our council and they gave us a trap to use just like this one, I thought it was too small but obviously not! Set it last night but no luck, so I wonder if using the live bird helped to trap it more as apposed to a dead bird? Are foxes introduced over there?

Our birds got nailed by a fox our very first spring here. Grrrrr! Came right up to back of house and pulled a young bird out of dog crate they were in! They come every year since then. They watch & wait for an opportunity. Going to call them in and shoot them this year.

So this guy was prowling my coop and terrorizing my birds. So I got a $20 trap from Harbor Freight. Stuck one of my coturnix quail in a wooden box with a mesh side at the end of the trap and this was the result in the morning. He got yelled at and squirted with a little water from a squirt bottle (my version of water boarding) and let go in another part of the property. This will be his first and last warning.

I had my first fox attack the other night and I've lived here for nearly 2 years! Went to our council and they gave us a trap to use just like this one, I thought it was too small but obviously not! Set it last night but no luck, so I wonder if using the live bird helped to trap it more as apposed to a dead bird? Are foxes introduced over there?

might have more types of predators to write about, I met a guy that saw a mountain lion in New Jersey near High Point, he got within 20 yards of the cat because he was hiking at night with a head lamp, i am going to rethink my cage wire since the cougar have also been spotted and killed near Kansas City.

Up in Ontario here, foxes are a native species, but the coyote is not.
Some farmers leave their dead cows in the field (illegal), which brings the yotes in to feed. Seen it once on a small dairy farm, up the road. In plain view of the road, so not surprised the local authorities showed up. Maybe they didn't know. In any case, the last thing we need is more coyotes. Some years there are bounties in certain areas. In my region, it's open season all year with just a small game license. No tags needed. Thank goodness! They're eating all the small game on my property, & driving my dog nuts!

Coyotes are susceptible to mange which can be passed on to pets or other furry animals. If you see one put it down don't touch it. Either burn it or bury it on the spot.

Up in Ontario here, foxes are a native species, but the coyote is not.
Some farmers leave their dead cows in the field (illegal), which brings the yotes in to feed. Seen it once on a small dairy farm, up the road. In plain view of the road, so not surprised the local authorities showed up. Maybe they didn't know. In any case, the last thing we need is more coyotes. Some years there are bounties in certain areas. In my region, it's open season all year with just a small game license. No tags needed. Thank goodness! They're eating all the small game on my property, & driving my dog nuts!

Back
Top Bottom