Small coop for 3-4 birds

stone_family3

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
New York
Getting back in the chicken game after a several year break. Looking to make a small coop for 3-4 average size birds in Ohio. I have minimum funds and carpentry skills.

Anyone have any plans they care to share?

Check out Craigs list. Limited funds go to you tube and check out coops made from reclaimed wood, or pallets. I was lucky enough to get a really sturdy crate that was built on a 4' x 4' pallet. I am making a chicken tractor out of it. Limited skills needed. Or check into easy frame kits for small sheds.

Considering something like the picture below. I want the run space to be 4'x16', do you think that will be enough room for 6 hens (state min for purchase). I will let them free range a few hours a day. But work hours they will be in the run.

Considering something like the picture below. I want the run space to be 4'x16', do you think that will be enough room for 6 hens (state min for purchase). I will let them free range a few hours a day. But work hours they will be in the run.

That looks like this coop, at most 2 chickens in that coop... And beware most coop kit companies over rate their chicken count, best to take their suitable for chicken numbers and cut it in half...

http://www.amazon.com/TRIXIE-Pet-Products-Chicken-Outdoor/dp/B0082WU8QE

As stated considering something similar, not that product or another store bought one. That is why I included the run size.

Back
Top Bottom