Small coops: What does the inside look like?

It’s a satin black called cracked pepper. We wanted the coop to match the house then we went with the black to be a bit different and so it wouldn’t stick out too much in the yard. And we found black chicken wire too for the whole enclosure.

It’s a satin black called cracked pepper. We wanted the coop to match the house then we went with the black to be a bit different and so it wouldn’t stick out too much in the yard. And we found black chicken wire too for the whole enclosure.
I just looked it up online. So it's a deep, beautiful gray, not fully black but really dark. It's gorgeous!!

CarolinaSunshineFlock said
Once the roosts are done, I'm adding pooper boards. Not thrilled about them, but it does make a lot of sense. But I won't be using sand.

Question??? why not use sand? It makes using a kitty litter sifter to remove gumdrops easy. Sweet PDZ also great since it also removes ammonia. Do you just want to use disposable liners, like empty feed bags cut to size, or scrap cardboard?

CarolinaSunshineFlock said
Once the roosts are done, I'm adding pooper boards. Not thrilled about them, but it does make a lot of sense. But I won't be using sand.

Question??? why not use sand? It makes using a kitty litter sifter to remove gumdrops easy. Sweet PDZ also great since it also removes ammonia. Do you just want to use disposable liners, like empty feed bags cut to size, or scrap cardboard?
I'm not a sand fan. It's just one more non-compostable wasted resource, in my estimation of things.

I'm going to build a tray the width of the roosts and line with a layer of leaves or pine needles. Kitchen tongs and an extra wide paint scraper will make it a breeze moving it to the compost bucket.

Back
Top Bottom