Small coops: What does the inside look like?

Do the chickens care about photos and posters??? I'm thinking it's more about the owner liking them. LOL

My coop is partway done 4x6, 4 feet tall and raised. It is secure and inhabited, getting sick several times in the process of building put a huge crimp in progress. It's too dang cold to do any work on it now. There are temporary wooden crates for roosts and no nest boxes yet, the girls like the space behind the crates to lay their eggs for the moment. I'll be glad to get it finished and the run completed so they can go outside. I feel badly that they are confined inside but it is not safe due to predators to be loose.

Can I suggest outside color scheme???
32423532e0b43b931509b6bc940848c5.jpg

Can I suggest outside color scheme???
32423532e0b43b931509b6bc940848c5.jpg
That Captain Chicken guy always creeped me out. KFC is in Japan. One of them had a life sized Chicken man in front of the store that was so ridiculously creepy I always avoided walking on that side of the street.

And now you've brought him back into my life.

What is it with Cave People these days?

The inside of our coop it’s our first and we were winging it. It’s not terrible to clean I just rake everything out but if we do another one I’d def like one I can walk into.
Love the idea of tile (?) on the floor. Just a tip: replace the chicken wire with 1/2”x1/2” hardware clothe. Chicken wire keeps chickens in but it doesn’t keep predators out.

Back
Top Bottom