Small Egg

jwatts

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
86849_egg.png

Can a 3-4 month old chicken lay an egg like this? Can anyone explain it? Thank you

wow!
bow.gif
what a beautiful fart egg! I haven't had any...just double yoker goose eggs! no explanation...just a goof in the egg dept of the hens..some have yolks some don't. blow it out and make it into a chirtsmas ornament
smile.png

Yep, basically a fart egg.
lol.png
They happen once in a blue moon, so nothing to worry about.
smile.png

What a lovely colour, by the way! This msut be the chocolate eggs that people are always talking about, beautiful!

ray's two cents :

Yep, basically a fart egg.
lol.png
They happen once in a blue moon, so nothing to worry about.
smile.png

What a lovely colour, by the way! This msut be the chocolate eggs that people are always talking about, beautiful!

X2 I get them too every once in awhile. Most of the time they don't have a yolk.

10410086.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg
IMG_1301.jpg
IMG_1325.jpg

Quote:
That is just a crude description of a hens first eggs. It changes fairly fast, as subsequent eggs will be bigger. But first eggs are very exciting. Congratulations on your first egg.
wee.gif

I got one like that couple days ago from my chicken that was laying every other day. Since she laid the "wind egg" she has laid an egg every day.

104664_015.jpg

I've seen one before from a hen that had been laying for at least a year. So far as I know, they're perfectly safe to eat, just kinda flukey.

Sorry for the poor image quality. This is several years old and I didn't know how to work my camera properly, eheh
hide.gif

112933_128-2825_img.jpg

Back
Top Bottom