Small rice looking worms in hen's poop

I agree with coach 723 that you should try using a medicated wormer that has been studied to kill worms in chickens. ZyfendA is not more than an herbal remedy. Products with praziquantel are usually effective. Zimectrin Gold equine paste is one that contains it. Tapes can be difficult to treat, but in my cats and dog who had tapes, praziquantel worked well. You can herbals as a preventative, but when your chickens have an outbreak, it requires a proben remedy.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication...aign=Acreage+11212015+Newsletter#/570ea92d/25
ed813767_pumpkin_2.jpeg

7f099bcf_pumpkin_1.jpeg
:woot:woot

I agree with coach 723 that you should try using a medicated wormer that has been studied to kill worms in chickens. ZyfendA is not more than an herbal remedy. Products with praziquantel are usually effective. Zimectrin Gold equine paste is one that contains it. Tapes can be difficult to treat, but in my cats and dog who had tapes, praziquantel worked well. You can herbals as a preventative, but when your chickens have an outbreak, it requires a proben remedy.
Zimectin Gold has ~1/2 as much praziquantel as Equimax, so one tube will worm 1/2 as many chickens. Bang for the buck it's Equimax.

Equimax dose is ~0.03 ml per pound, or 0.16 ml per five pound chicken.
equimax_1.jpg

Zimectrin Gold is ~0.06 ml per pound, or 0.3 ml per five pound chicken
zimectrin_gold_1.jpg

Yup, nasty tapeworm...herbal remedies are good. I use them as well, having said that - they have a cumulative value. Meaning, it can take weeks for them to have an affect. Sometimes the worm load is too heavy and the chicken is suffering from malnutrition or anemia due to this. At this point you may decide to use a conventional wormer. I have used Panacur and Albendazole drench, both are broad spectrum wormers. I prefer the Albendazole drench. I tear small pieces of bread and inject .5 mL, of the drench, then roll it between my fingers to make a little ball. Then, I roll it in some sugar...when I have enough for each hen I pop them into their mouth and they swallow it. I do this each morning for 3 days, then repeat in 10 days.

Yup, nasty tapeworm...herbal remedies are good. I use them as well, having said that - they have a cumulative value. Meaning, it can take weeks for them to have an affect. Sometimes the worm load is too heavy and the chicken is suffering from malnutrition or anemia due to this. At this point you may decide to use a conventional wormer. I have used Panacur and Albendazole drench, both are broad spectrum wormers. I prefer the Albendazole drench. I tear small pieces of bread and inject .5 mL, of the drench, then roll it between my fingers to make a little ball. Then, I roll it in some sugar...when I have enough for each hen I pop them into their mouth and they swallow it. I do this each morning for 3 days, then repeat in 10 days.
Have you used both albendazole and fenbendazole to treat tapeworms?

Omg is that worms ?? Looks like so much lil baby worms not good at all ..
Did u feed her garlic ? Or pumpkin seeds?/

I think ur hen need a medicine instead of natural remedies I m.not expert in worms Medicine but I deworm with albendazole oral ..

Please help...We are new to backyard chickens. We received 3 hen's from our neighbor who was downsizing her flock. We have a 6ftx4ft coop and they can go out into the yard during the day while supervised. We have a dog and 2 cats and all are getting along great. I noticed a few weeks ago little white moving rice looking worms in the hen's poop. I contacted our feed store who recommended Backyard Chickens Zyfend-A. We followed the 10 day treatment course and the worms have decreased but are still there. I've included a photo of the poop from before we started the Zyfend. There are about 1/3 of the worms in the poop now.... Can anyone help in terms of what these are and how to treat them. The hens seem to be feeling fine.

Jaime,
Just catching up after being away for several weeks. Zyfend® A is all natural and is being used by large commercial organic laying operations for the very reason you are sharing. It was developed specificially because they had no other product choice that their certifier would let them use that would not jeopardize their organic certification and help with their issues.

Based on what we see in the photo, it appears that your hens have a very heavy infestation of tapeworms. The good news is that you commented that you saw over a 60% reduction with the first round. I would recommend continuing to add the product for 7-10 days each month as labeled as a regular program going forward.

Thank you for your purchase and your comments/questions! Don't hesitate to contact me at 717-951-8520 if I can answer any further questions.

BYCHP David

Back
Top Bottom