Small white eggs

Jenniferlang61

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2020
She really looks like a black leghorn, but very well could be an Andalusian if Hoover's does not have the blk leghorns.
I'll send you the list too...RARE BREEDS could include: Appenzeller Spitzhauben, Barnevelder, Blue Andalusian, Buff Brahma, Cochin, Columbian Wyandotte, French Black Copper Marans, French Cuckoo Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Lavender Orpington, Light Brahma, Midnight Majesty Marans, Olive Egger, Polish Buff Laced, Polish Gold Laced, Polish Silver Laced, Polish White Crested Black, Polish White Crested Blue, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Salmon Faverolle, Sapphire Olive Egger, Silver Lakenvelder, Speckled Sussex, Starlight Green Egger, Turken, Welsummer. STANDARD BREEDS could include: Amberlink, Americana, Asian Black, Barred Rock, Calico Princess, Black Sex-Link, Black Australorp, Jersey Giant, Brown Leghorn, Buff Orpington, California White, Cinnamon Queen, Delaware, Dominique, Golden Comet, Golden Lace Wyandotte, ISA Brown, New Hampshire Red, Sapphire Gem, Production Red, Rainbow, Rhode Island Red, Silver Lace Wyandotte, White Leghorn, White Rock.

Jenniferlang61

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2020
I thought Hoover's was done with andalusians(**eta, done for the year), but some of mine have legs not much grayer than that, and they include the black and splash. They also have a few other mediterranean breeds. Here are a couple of candid shots that might show the range I got in leg color and comb size in just these four birds, they're all andalusians from Hoover's, and the order was just 15 andalusians, so that's what they are. (sold the extras, these are what I kept)
Well see i have 3 more black ones that look exactly like the ones with the shorter combination your pictures too but I figured them to be black sex links. Cry why do black chickens have to be so confusing?

Jenniferlang61

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2020
Well see i have 3 more black ones that look exactly like the ones with the shorter combination your pictures too but I figured them to be black sex links. Cry why do black chickens have to be so confusing?
That shouldve said shorter combs in your pictures not combination

The Happster

Happs
Premium Feather Member
Apr 5, 2020
Cloud Nine.
Any photos of the others?

They definitely look like BL.
I wouldn't say Andalusian due to the yellow skin.
How big are they?

FuzzyCritters

Songster
Mar 13, 2020
Kitsap county, WA
She is not a black leghorn. Hoover's does not sell them... at all, rare breed assortment or not. Therefore, it is impossible she is a black leghorn. They don't have minorcas either. The only other breed she could be with her white earlobes and slim shape that Hoover's actually does sell is Andalusian. Hoover's does not have high quality chicks in regard to breed standards, so yellow legs are not hard to believe at all. A couple of my Blues not from Hoover's have mostly yellow legs, so I doubt totally yellow legs are out of the question.

Jenniferlang61

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2020
She is not a black leghorn. Hoover's does not sell them... at all, rare breed assortment or not. Therefore, it is impossible she is a black leghorn. They don't have minorcas either. The only other breed she could be with her white earlobes and slim shape that Hoover's actually does sell is Andalusian. Hoover's does not have high quality chicks in regard to breed standards, so yellow legs are not hard to believe at all. A couple of my Blues not from Hoover's have mostly yellow legs, so I doubt totally yellow legs are out of the question.
The pics were taken on my phone so the colors are a little off. Its legs aren't really yellow, they're more grayish with some black spots.

Jenniferlang61

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2020
Any photos of the others?

They definitely look like BL.
I wouldn't say Andalusian due to the yellow skin.
How big are they?
I'll get you some pics of the others later in the day but its legs aren't really yellow theyre more grey my phone somehow makes them look yellowish

Top Bottom