Smallest egg I've ever seen!!

Over the years now and then I have gotten tiny eggs. Most of the ones I have opened were just the whites but have also had some with a tiny yolk.
IMG_20200119_102219.jpg
IMG_3987.JPG
IMG_1326.JPG

Soo guys. I feel kinda dumb because I was so convinced it was a chicken egg..
But I found another one today

IMG_20200119_120818.jpg

Alright, it can't be a chicken egg. They couldn't have layed an egg this small twice in a row! I opened one of them..

IMG_20200119_214117.jpg

Couldn't get a better photo, but the egg shell is much thinner than I thought but was still very though... And some small blood vessels. Well, I should have tried candelling it or something before opening it :(( feel really bad now.

I'm pretty sure it's from a gecko, and I might try to hatch the other one? There's definitely something going on in there, some blood vessels and some development.

I think what caught me off guard was how similar the colours were to my actual chicken eggs, and how strong the shell was for such a small egg.. And also how I found it with the other eggs!

I'll go look tomorrow to see If I can find any others buried in the straw.

Well now that sounds like fun! Hatching an egg with no idea what animal you are going to get!!!:pop
Can't tell if this is supposed to be sarcastic 😂 I'm actually looking it up right now and I'm pretty sure it's a tropical house gecko.. We have quite a lot of them around and the eggs are very similar to the one I have. Plus, the ambiant temperature is hot enough and there's no need for an incubator or anything! This is actually pretty exciting :D

Can't tell if this is supposed to be sarcastic 😂 I'm actually looking it up right now and I'm pretty sure it's a tropical house gecko.. We have quite a lot of them around and the eggs are very similar to the one I have. Plus, the ambiant temperature is hot enough and there's no need for an incubator or anything! This is actually pretty exciting :D
Lol, sorry, it was not supposed to be sarcastic at all! I genuinely think that sounds like a fun project!

Back
Top Bottom