Smartie's Life

I had to get up super early today, and I don't ever get up early on Saturdays. I had to be at school at 7:30 to take the ACT. I hope I did good!
fl.gif
I know I struggled with the math and science, but I rocked the english.
woot.gif

At least now I know what the test is like, so when the whole Junior class takes it in March I can know what I'm in for. I didn't get to study at all before going into this one, so I think I did good for someone who didn't study.

I was in Ag. the other day and me and a couple of people were talking about building things and I mentioned something about building a new pen for my handicapped duck and chicken. One of the people was a girl who only sees animals as property there to serve us. She asked me why I bothered caring for handicapped animals so much.

My answer?

If you were blind, deaf, or mentally disabled wouldn't you want someone to love and care for you.

That shut her right up.

Not everyone has a lot of love and nurturing in their heart, which is where I think the desire to care for handicapped animals. Well, everyone has the capacity, but many folks have "turned" off that part of themselves, IMO.

Never mind the girl. Be true to yourself.

Truth be told, not many people understand that part of me. Its hard sometimes when you realize that no one "gets" you and thinks your strange, but its also sad. That means not many people have the ability to care, and that's terrible.

Quote:
I think everyone has the capacity, but some need to "learn" to have a more open heart. Then again, everyone has varying degrees of wanting to care for something without a "practical" return.

You should watch this Jeanine Garofolo movie called something like "all about dogs". I'm not sure if that's the right title, but it addresses her desire to save all the dogs at the pound. Kind of an interesting film.

Back
Top Bottom