Smells ... and do people think your weird for enjoying the smell ?

Ol'FashionHen :

I love the smell of scotch tape, not any tape just scotch brand tape, it smells so good and I can't help not holding it to my nose and taking a big wiff
lol.png
. My DH thinks I am so weird for it. I don't care though ... I smell on. My SIL loves the smell of new tires
sickbyc.gif
and creasote
th.gif
... now that is weird, when they re-do the railroad tracks she will drive by and take a big wiff while I'm covering my nose
lau.gif
. What's your weird smelling likable stuff ?

Babies, puppies and kittens.......... along with the wonderful smell of my DH..............26 years down the line and I still love the smell of him.....​

I had to read everyone's posts twice 'cause I didn't see my favorite smell. I would have thought with all the people here that have horses and cows and such that it would be mentioned but it's not.
I'm beginning to wonder now if I am as weird as my DW says I am.

My all-time favorite smell is horse manure! Puppy breath comes in a close second.

I don't know why horse manure. I've thought about it a lot - more than I care to admit actually - and the only thing I can think of is when I was a kid my parents' best friends had a few horses and I loved going over there and helping in the stalls. My DW and I don't have horses but would like to some day. It's probably just as well though 'cause my wife might come home one day for lunch and find me rolling around in the pasture getting that good smell all over me.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
sickbyc.gif
I smell skunk from MILES away and it makes my dang eyes watery.. I hate it more than anything else.
th.gif

I don't think there are any weird smells that I particularly like, I'm too normal.
hide.gif

my 3 favorite smells in the world are

1.bonfire smell the wood burning smell is amazing whenever one of our neighbors are having a bonfire i can just sit outside for hours its relaxing

2. the smell of rosting pig we have neighborhood pig roasts all the time its great

3. and finally the smell of the ocean, not the smell of the beach or just being close to the ocean, but the smell of when we go to the keys every summer and were in 1,000 foot deep water deep sea fishing and cant even see land anymore i just love the salty fresh smell

and yes the rest of my family does think its strange all except my dad who is the one i hunt and fish with he gets it lol

Last edited:
Good hay, woodsmoke, and the aroma of well-marbled steaks on a low charcoal grill..

What is it with people and solvent smells, btw? Gasoline, markers, paint thinner...there's something about it. I like it too, don't get me wrong.. I kinda think it's because it's a "clean" smell, and we're drawn to things that smell clean....like something that's recently been bleached. That's a good smell..

Back
Top Bottom