Snack tip

HenOnAJuneBug

Crowing
May 20, 2015
I carry in my pocket at all times a small vitamin bottle filled with scratch to give to the crew sometimes. That's not the tip. Putting stink bugs that invade my house into the bottle is the tip. They're easy to catch, and do the girls ever love them. I actually look forward to their invasions now. I love to feed the little pests to my girls.

Insects are luved by many.. Sometimes there is competition.

miley_takes-food1.jpg

I also enjoy catching grasshoppers and finding rhinoceros beetle larvae in my plant pots and feeding them to the girls :D

Not quite the same but I hate it when I get flies in my office, which happens because I have the door open so the cats can get on to their catio.

Anyhow, I used to spray the flies until I found a gecko living in my window track. Now, I swat them, drop them in the track and he rushes out and grabs them :)

Entertaining for me and a bonus for the gecko who I am sure is getting fatter! :p

I hate it when I get flies
One time I was eating soup at a truckstop grill. A fly landed in my soup. I called the waitress and showed her what happened. She looked at me and said,,,,, "well that is only extra meat you did not order". She took the plate back and brought me another. These were her words as she returned. " this is the last of the soup from the bottom of the pot. No more meat pieces left, so this is all the meat you are getting" as she set the bowl down,pulled her thumb out from the inside of my bowl of soup.... :gig:lau:oops:

Obtuse question... we seem to be overrun with ladybugs.... we're guessing they are NOT stink bugs because, well, they don't stink! And they're only finding their way to one bedroom window and my bathroom air vent.

Definitely gonna play a game of Catch the Bugs with the PIC tomorrow. :D

Obtuse question... we seem to be overrun with ladybugs.... we're guessing they are NOT stink bugs because, well, they don't stink! And they're only finding their way to one bedroom window and my bathroom air vent.

Definitely gonna play a game of Catch the Bugs with the PIC tomorrow. :D
I think the bugs in question are not Ladybugs, but Japanese Beetles. They look very similar and bite. Others have different names for these lil devlz as well.

ETA.. Vacuum works best.:thumbsup

Last edited:
I think the bugs in question are not Ladybugs, but Japanese Beetles. They look very similar and bite. Others have different names for these lil devlz as well.

They're small and haven't bitten..... or stank... which is why I am seriously curious if they ARE, in fact, a horde of ladybugs. Gotta get some pictures tomorrow and post them Thanks Richiebaby!

I have the same problem with lady bugs. They're easy to catch too, but my girls don't seem to be interested in them, unfortunately. And unlike stink bugs, ladybugs can stink really badly.

ETA: This is what ladybugs look like
iStock_000015418356_Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Not quite the same but I hate it when I get flies in my office, which happens because I have the door open so the cats can get on to their catio.

Anyhow, I used to spray the flies until I found a gecko living in my window track. Now, I swat them, drop them in the track and he rushes out and grabs them :)

Entertaining for me and a bonus for the gecko who I am sure is getting fatter! :p

Wanna have some fun, get one of these - electric fly swatter. They work very well, but take some getting use to. They are excellent for fruit flies. Harbor Freight has them for about $6, but if you wait you can sometimes get them free with a coupon (like I did :D)

Glamore-3-Layer-Mosquito-Killer-Electric-Fly-Swatter-Battery-Powered-Mosquito-Bat-Mosquito-Zapper-Racket5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom