Snake ID

I just called our insurance and we have it till June 30th so I can take him in waiting on my daughter to get here to take my grandson and we WILL go in, he can go willingly or I can drag him. Dang stubborn butt.

Thanks yall are so wonderful!!!!
Tara I will try to post an update on Okies and here later.

While the pygmy rattler is not known for fatalities on healthy adults there is always muscle and tissue damage from any rattlesnake venom. Now if it is a prairie rattler instead of a pygmy by chance their venom is fatal.

Get his A** to the hospital NOW!! please

Last edited:
Luvs - glad you're taking him to the doctor - scared me to see the photo that clearly showed the rattle on the tail, and more to hear that the discoloration is moving so far up his arm. Black skin is not good and I hope he keeps all his fingers. Rattlesnake venom is more dangerous than copperhead. Post later and let us know how ya'll are doing.

Quote:
Oh my God!! You have a daughter, and grandson and your husband is still being "stubborn" and not wanting to have it looked at? It's almost to his armpit???? Not too far from the heart, is it?

As others have said, the tissue damage being done is probably irreversible. I have seen shows on TV, like the Medical emergencies show, Trauma in the ER, etc. all based on REAL emergencies. The snakebite ones are really, really bad. People can lose limbs, as well as LIFE because of snake bites. His arm is turnign BLACK??? As in DYING tissue. I don't think it's just a matter of him being stubborn. I don't think he understands the magnitude of what he is doing to you, your daughter, grandson, and himself. Snake bites from poisonous snakes can be incredibly serious!

If this was my husband, I would be calling for whatever help I could get to take him to the ER. Either 911 or if not available, then cops, family members, or whatever.

What would he do if you got bit instead? Or his daughter? Or grandson?

I sure hope all goes well and you can get him to the ER before it's too late!

Please keep us posted. I will be praying for you and your family.

Kathy

Get OFF the computer and get medical help asap!

This is an emergency. He could lose his hand, if not his life.

Back
Top Bottom