Snake in coop

Pics

Ourgosling22

Songster
Mar 20, 2022
Central texas
Hi, everyone-
Just wanted to share I just killed a copperhead in my duck/geese coop. I’m officially freaked out and now second guessing about the safety of my feathered babies and coop design.
I’ve mentioned before about my sad luck. I’m having an ant mound problem that I’m trying to fix and now I had to come face to face with this now dead snake. Scared the c!#p out of me. I suppose we can only do so much for our charges.

Attachments

• 2EBEBC71-C4FC-441A-88B8-CE76D1AA65E5.jpeg
    2EBEBC71-C4FC-441A-88B8-CE76D1AA65E5.jpeg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 259
For the ant issue I used DE food grade
Took care of the nest
Yoy can cover it with a tarp and rocks so ducks don’t get to it if need be. Mine was away from where my ducks go
I had those big fire ants
Red and black and bite hard
My regular little ants the ducks have cleaned up themselves
I tried the DE. It doesn’t work for me unfortunately. They just moved. Maybe I’m putting it down wrong. And I think most of the mounds I have are fire ants so I have to figure out a way to get rid of them without harming my flock.

Copperheads tend to travel about in pairs. There's some netting you can put that wrecks a snake up. It's inexpensive and works very well. I have it in between my predator apron and run walls. I learned about it from TexasPrepper2 on YouTube.

Copperheads tend to travel about in pairs. There's some netting you can put that wrecks a snake up. It's inexpensive and works very well. I have it in between my predator apron and run walls. I learned about it from TexasPrepper2 on YouTube.

Ok will look into this. Thank you. I didn’t know they travelled in pairs though. I did search good and hard around and in coop for another. Didn’t find anything. I am worried now. I’m in central Texas so copperheads are the one kind I take seriously and have to deal with unfortunately. The netting might be a easy fix for me.

Back
Top Bottom