Snake in coop

Got a Copperhead today, too. My dog will patrol a while longer. Might get the second one before bed, or I've got a loner.View attachment 3468127
Goodness-must be a full moon tonight. Hopefully it was a loner. Was it close to your flock?
I have a young Anatolian that I found as a puppy last year. She’s pretty good about watching our place-a little territorial. She’s good with my horses. She’s still learning but can be with my ducks and geese and not physically touch them.

So far, no alerting from my girl, but she's still patrolling. I have a Dobermann from a Euro working line. I've trained her to my preferences and needs. She's a smart girl. Different alert depending on venomous or non with snakes.

Copperhead was nearer my 11 in the brooder than my flock of 16. I've snake proofed the brooder the best that I can for now. My 16 girls are snake proof.

So far, no alerting from my girl, but she's still patrolling. I have a Dobermann from a Euro working line. I've trained her to my preferences and needs. She's a smart girl. Different alert depending on venomous or non with snakes.

Copperhead was nearer my 11 in the brooder than my flock of 16. I've snake proofed the brooder the best that I can for now. My 16 girls are snake proof.
Wow that’s cool! Awesome too.
Yes, it’s the venomous ones I worry about. The harmless ones if I can ID, I leave alone as long as they are not a threat to my flock.
I’m going to be picking up some ant poison that members told me to try for the mounds that keep multiplying and netting to wrap around my coop today. I worried all night, had bad weather too so wasn’t sure if that would attract the snakes to their coop.

I tried the DE. It doesn’t work for me unfortunately. They just moved. Maybe I’m putting it down wrong. And I think most of the mounds I have are fire ants so I have to figure out a way to get rid of them without harming my flock.
I put a lot down at night when they are all inside all around the mound and on top
A good thick layer

Back
Top Bottom