Snake in the House!!

The snake won't hurt anyone as long as he stays away from my chihuahua's and stays out of my bed we'll get along till I can relocate it.
smile.png

Quote:
How do I make a snake trap?

Get a length of 3 - 6 inch pvc pipe, on one end securely attach a cage or some type of container.

Get a cheap plastic funnel and slice it from the small end toward the big end so that the small end will allow the snake to crawl in, but not out.

Glue the funnel to the end of the pipe with the small end pointing inward.

Bait with a frog or even a sardine will work.

Snakes love to crawl into pipes and small spaces.

Quote:

Get a length of 3 - 6 inch pvc pipe, on one end securely attach a cage or some type of container.

Get a cheap plastic funnel and slice it from the small end toward the big end so that the small end will allow the snake to crawl in, but not out.

I'm wishing I had known about this 3 years ago when our cat dropped a snake in the middle of our kitchen and I watched it slither away under the stove...

We ended up putting out a few glue type rat traps which did indeed catch it, but I felt terrible because it meant the end of the snake
sad.png

Quote:

Thank You, will work on that tomorrow and see if I can catch anything. I may be afraid of what I may catch, lol.
smile.png

Its time to move!! There are 2 rat snakes that stay in my fence line as far away as you can get from the chickens. They don't bother anything but every time I'm over there and about step on one I have a mild heart attack but I don't want to kill them there harmless. In the house I don't think I could handle that- I'd be afraid I would wake up with it on my head or something! Good luck catching it

Quote:

I'm wishing I had known about this 3 years ago when our cat dropped a snake in the middle of our kitchen and I watched it slither away under the stove...

We ended up putting out a few glue type rat traps which did indeed catch it, but I felt terrible because it meant the end of the snake
sad.png

You can release the snake from a glue trap by spraying pam cooking spray in the snake after he is caught in it.
Just don't spray the head and the snake will be fine to release outside again.

I used to be an Animal Control Officer 23 years ago.

Quote:

sad.png

You can release the snake from a glue trap by spraying pam cooking spray in the snake after he is caught in it.
Just don't spray the head and the snake will be fine to release outside again.

I used to be an Animal Control Officer 23 years ago.

You know, some days I ask myself, "How did I ever live without BYC?" and I think the answer is "Badly".

I'll remember that if there ever is a next time, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom