snake under broody!!!

chickenman7

Songster
12 Years
Sep 11, 2007
TX
I went to shut the coop the other day ad there was a snake under my broody Maren!!!!she was pecking him.The next day we moved the nest box There it is!!!Me and my cousin run to get 2 shovels, It took forever to catch it but we killed it.we bought 2 goslings to help our snake problem.
geese.jpg

hatcherys mark red for males right?

Last edited:
Holy moly, what a surprise, is she still broody after all that! I am not afraid of snakes, but they need to live elsewhere and when I'm out in daylight if I see you, you have to be in pretty plane sight and a shovel is the correct tool! Wowsa, take care and pat those goslings everyday, you are momma after all.

ep.gif
What a shocker! Poor broody hen. I'm sure she didn't like it much either!
smile.png

I had to come back and tell you that your goslings are adorable, by the way!

Last edited:
What a surprise! Wouldn't want to find a snake in my nest box, maybe I should check under my broody?!! Her eggs are never going to hatch though as I have no roo. I had found a near dead possum in my nest box couple days ago, that was bad enough, glad it couldn't bite my grandson, it was near death. I do have a snake in my yard, only seen it couple times, but never in the nest box!!

Since normal geese are vegetarians, they wouldnt eat a snake, but they could probably kill one easily if it came near their nests.

Your goslings are adorable and your broody hen is a saint for staying on her eggs while there was a snake underneath her!!

chel

Back
Top Bottom