Snake with no eyes!

Very sweet! So cool! I've always wanted a snake but decided I couldn't handle one. Luckily though a dead mummified one showed up in my car door panel one day. He's also a Ball Python and Such an easy snake to keep. :gig
Not to hijack or anything but here's a pic of it if anyone is interested
784520A3-67EC-4A77-B5F9-085680143606.jpeg

Just got this little one from a 'disabled' bin at a reptile show. I already have a snake that's missing an eye, so I figured she could join the family!

There's always room for the misfits here 😊.
That's so cool!
I always think animals that are disabled are more special, also they're unique. Snakes can actually navigate pretty well with just tasting the air so he should cope alright.

I love that name! So cool. Are Albino pythons common?
They're pretty common now a days. A nice colored one runs about $200. She would likely have gone a lot higher then that but obviously he couldn't sell her as a breeding snake.

He had an entire bin full of disabled/genetic defect snakes. He didn't have the heart to cull them so wanted them to go to good homes. She was the only fully eyeless snake in the bin. Some had missing eyes, messed up tails or kinks (bends) in their bodies.

I'll definitely be adding to it, I just wanted to keep it limited for now so she can feel everything and get used to it. My other snakes have live plants and isopods (to clean up waste and sheds!). So she'll be getting an upgrade too in the future! 😁
I think it is great they do have live plants (and the isopods🥰) - I know it is not always easy to have live plants in terrariums and I appreciate if someone takes the effort to do so 👍

They're pretty common now a days. A nice colored one runs about $200. She would likely have gone a lot higher then that but obviously he couldn't sell her as a breeding snake.

He had an entire bin full of disabled/genetic defect snakes. He didn't have the heart to cull them so wanted them to go to good homes. She was the only fully eyeless snake in the bin. Some had missing eyes, messed up tails or kinks (bends) in their bodies.
I'm happy you took her ❤️

Back
Top Bottom