Snake with no eyes!

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
Just got this little one from a 'disabled' bin at a reptile show. I already have a snake that's missing an eye, so I figured she could join the family!

There's always room for the misfits here šŸ˜Š.

Attachments

• IMG_20210417_141421117.jpg
    IMG_20210417_141421117.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 45
Wow, she's a beautiful color! :loveIt sounds like she now has a wonderful new home. How old is she? Does her having no eyes make her more fearful / reactive to touch?
She's a hatchling, so only a few weeks old. She acts like a regular ball python so far. Very curious and smelling/flicking her tongue a lot!

I'm fully prepared to have to hand feed her if need be. With my other disabled snake I had to rub the prey item along his mouth/jaw and gently push it against his mouth so he could eat. He eventually caught on and eats super easy now. So I'm ready to do that with her of she needs it!

Awesome you took her and she now has a caring and loving home :thumbsup
She is beautiful!
That's great that you are already experienced with handling a snake with limited vision.
I love the setup from her terrarium. She is at home ā¤ļø
I'll definitely be adding to it, I just wanted to keep it limited for now so she can feel everything and get used to it. My other snakes have live plants and isopods (to clean up waste and sheds!). So she'll be getting an upgrade too in the future! šŸ˜

Back
Top Bottom