Snakes!

A Black Rat Snake, about 6' long. One of my friends wants me to move any nonvenomous snake I get to her property. Since I have her permission it is both legal and ethical. The only snakes she can have are the ones I catch in my chicken coop where they are after eggs or baby chicks. If they are not in the coop I am glad to have them around. Over the years I've relocated a few, mostly black rat snakes.

She sent me this photo a couple of weeks ago. She thinks it is one that I relocated. It was smaller then.

thumbnail.jpg

Agh! Yesterday I saw lots of little tadpoles, a frog/toad that ran away before I could look at it, and a GARTER SNAKE! I managed to just touch it, but before I could grab it, it slithered somewhere underneath a log and I lost it. So, no pictures, but I was so close to grabbing (at least one of) my first herp(s)!

Agh! Yesterday I saw lots of little tadpoles, a frog/toad that ran away before I could look at it, and a GARTER SNAKE! I managed to just touch it, but before I could grab it, it slithered somewhere underneath a log and I lost it. So, no pictures, but I was so close to grabbing (at least one of) my first herp(s)!
It's still hanging out there. It is living on the tadpoles and toads and frogs.

Back
Top Bottom