sneezing and watery eyes

I sure hope so! I gave everybody a little VetRX tonight and they seemed to perk up quite a bit. I think maybe I was a bit over zealous with the DE and poultry dust when we had mites a while back and everybody's noses got irritated. I'm going to haul the shop vac out there tomorrow and see if I can get rid of more dust. I need to remember moderation, even when there's creepy crawly things :)

You know, I used the VetRx and ran the shop vac over the whole place and now I've only got one who's sneezing once in awhile, usually after she eats, so I'm really hoping that was it!

I was hoping so! she is sort of a piggy and gets her whole face in there so I'm thinking stuff gets up her nose. Like a baby with birthday cake :)

Are the hens better now? I have a young cockerel who has started to sneeze and has runny eyes now. I separated him from all the others and sprayed the brooder with sanitizer. I see they are better now, happy for you

Last edited:
Thanks. They do seem to be perked up quite a bit. I did hear a sneeze or two today but it was extremely windy so I think it was just dust. No one is wheezing and no watery eyes. Our weather is just weird these days, even for South Dakota. What do you use for sanitizer? I think I need something stronger before winter gets here and they're confined more.

I used Sol-U-Guard from Melaleuca hospital grade but no cancer causing chemicals :) we use all there cleaning products and love them. Cheaper than big box stores and I don't have to worry what is in them. More info her is your interested http://www.melaleuca.info/?culture=en-us

My FIL has cattle and after researching several sites and asking MANY questions, we gave "Pat" a tin does on antibiotic for respiratory issues. He seems a little better this morning but I'm getting him some infant polyvisol vitamins this morning too. Keeping him in the house for some TLC :)

Thanks for responding. I'm new to this adventure and appreciate all the folks who help on here.

Thanks! This is my first year with chickens too, and all was going well until my daughter entered two of them in the county fair. Since then its been kinda rocky with mites and worms and now sneezes. But I think we're finally ok.

Back
Top Bottom