Sneezing baby chick

Gander007, I thank you sooooooo much it does appear to be helping quite a bit :) But Now I do have one more question since you seem to know a lot about chickens. He is doing much better at eating but very slow to get his feathers he is much smaller than the other 3 and they are starting to pick at his back and shoulders, not a lot but enough to tell what they are doing. Could you suggest something I can put on him to stop the others from their picking before they cause blood? Thank you again for your help.

Gander007, I thank you sooooooo much it does appear to be helping quite a bit :) But Now I do have one more question since you seem to know a lot about chickens. He is doing much better at eating but very slow to get his feathers he is much smaller than the other 3 and they are starting to pick at his back and shoulders, not a lot but enough to tell what they are doing. Could you suggest something I can put on him to stop the others from their picking before they cause blood? Thank you again for your help.

I normally use Bactine as the chicks normally do not like the taste and if you go to a feed store they have a lot of different sprays of different taste ...

If you keep feeding an egg a day in a week or two you will see a big change in feathers and size ...

Sorry about taking so long on getting back but with the last week in school and the boys go to two different schools I am being pulled in many directions ....

Jumping in here. I have one that is tiny so do you guys think egg will help it. It was small when it hatched. It was in a classroom with 13 other birds that didn't let it eat. There were around 30 chicks from all the classrooms that were going back to the farmer. This one was so skinny it's breast bone stuck out. So I took it. It is with one other chick and a duck. They are a little over a week old.

Jumping in here. I have one that is tiny so do you guys think egg will help it. It was small when it hatched. It was in a classroom with 13 other birds that didn't let it eat. There were around 30 chicks from all the classrooms that were going back to the farmer. This one was so skinny it's breast bone stuck out. So I took it. It is with one other chick and a duck. They are a little over a week old.

Yes the egg will work you will be amazed at the difference and with a mixed flock you should mix a little flock raiser in with your chick starter ....

That is what I do normally ...

Water fowl need to clean themselves off so start off with the sink
and at least once a week as there is a oil sack on the lower part
of their back and it helps to keep it clean ...

My kids Just had the flu and atleast 2 of my Baby chicks are sneezing. One does have a runny nose. Also I'm 5months pregnant not sure how safe it is to handle them. So I read below pedialite and hard boiled egg?

Back
Top Bottom