sneezing blood

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
I heard Fuego, our banty mixed breed roo sneeze just once two days ago. He is in his own pen as the others pick on him. This morning there were blood droplets all over his pen, so I'm guessing he's sneezing blood. He was breathing a bit hard, also, but no wheezing. He is in the coldest part of the barn and has no one to roost with. It is very cold here, for us, anyway; single digits. We have put him in a smaller elevated enclosed pen and started him on water soluble Tylan, which is all we have. What dosage is best for this? Could it be pneumonia? Hurry, please! As usual, he's a favorite!

Bumping up - I hope someone can help!
sad.png

No injuries that we can find, and he is eating. My son can't find the Tylan:rolleyes:so he is off to the TSC for water soluble Terramycin and a heat lamp, as the chickens broke our other one
roll.png
roll.png
I suspect he might need injectable Tylan but we would have to order it which takes several days. We haven't been out to the barn much except to feed because it has been so cold, so he may've been exhibiting other symptoms, and we just haven't noticed.

Well, this is embarassing, but a relief. My son came back and said he did notice some blood on the bottom of Fuego's feet, but figured it was from him walking in it. So we brought him in the house and washed em off with warm water. There is a small amount of blood which won't wash off under one of his claws. So maybe he did hurt it trying to fight through the wire. Other than being intrigued by this weird experience, he seems fine. Pine Grove, thanks for the heads up on the toe thing.

Oh my goodness! That must have been so scary to see blood in the cage! It's too bad that there was an injury, but I'm glad he was not sneezing blood! How is he now?

He seems fully recovered and crowing this morning! Thank you! ( I just wish he could go out with the others without getting mugged, poor guy!)

Back
Top Bottom