Sneezing Chick

JennH07

Songster
13 Years
May 1, 2010
Hastings, MI
Hi all,
I have 6 chicks, they're about 4 weeks old, and one of them is sneezing. She's been sneezing for about a week, she has no watery eyes she doesn't look sick in any way she looks very healthy but she sneezes every now and then. their brooder has Alpine shavings in it and I've been taking them outside a couple times a day and letting them get fresh air and run around in the grass. Can anybody tell me what may be wrong?

Are you feeding a finely milled chick feed? It could be nothing more serious than an overly eager eater plunging into the feed and getting fine dust up her nasal passages.

Watch her and see if it happens when she's eating. I have a couple of hens that are very piggish in their eating styles. They sneeze a lot as they are tucking into dry feed. It doesn't happen when I serve them fermented feed, which is what they eat most of the time.

Are you feeding a finely milled chick feed? It could be nothing more serious than an overly eager eater plunging into the feed and getting fine dust up her nasal passages.

Watch her and see if it happens when she's eating. I have a couple of hens that are very piggish in their eating styles. They sneeze a lot as they are tucking into dry feed. It doesn't happen when I serve them fermented feed, which is what they eat most of the time.
Thank you! They are eating crumbles but it is very dusty so I'm sure that's probably it. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom