1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sneezing chickens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by booneangel5, Aug 12, 2013.

1. booneangel5

booneangel5 New Egg

Aug 12, 2013
    Does anyone know where I can get Tylan or Duramycin? I have a small flock I've kept contained in our coop that several of have just started sneezing. I just introduced two new birds & suspect they are the cause.

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Feed store is best (local).

Jefferslivestock.com

randalburkey.com

mypetchicken.com

mcmurrayhatchery.com

Farmtek.com

flemingoutdoors.com

calvetsupply.com

These are some of my favorite suppliers (I haven't ordered from randalburkey and farmtek though- just seen the catalog)...not sure which one will have what you need.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  3. booneangel5

booneangel5 New Egg

Aug 12, 2013
    Thank you! I did a google search & called my local feed store. Is the powder form acceptable or should I try to find the liquid?

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have no idea...hopefully someone answers you....

5. mithious

mithious Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know either, only what I have read. I read that Tylan is best for Cronic Respiratory Illness (CRD). If it were me, I would get one that is water soluable though, if they are not seriously ill. I read there are two types of Tylan, water soluable and injectable. I think this one is by prescription only, but not 100% on that.

No idea on the Duramycin amounts though! If no one answers you soon, try the top search bar for each of these antibiotics though...there should be a ton of info on BYC about both meds if you need it quickly?

I have the water soluble duramycin 10, for my chicken med kit, and can't for the life of me, remember what the dose is? ( I haven't needed to use it ) So don't want to give you wrong info. I bet it's on this forum somewhere though and a search might help?

Sorry I couldn't be more help!!!!

Hope your chickens feel better soon and best of luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by