Sneezing Pullet Help needed

suburbanfarmer

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Point Reyes Station, CA
I bought two pullets a week ago and I noticed the Dark Brahma sneezing after a day or so. I thought I would keep my eye on it seeing as I spent all the extra money I had on the two pullets. She has not stopped sneezing and might be sneezing more now. When she sneezes, she shakes her head. She seems fine otherwise. She is bright and allert. She seems to be eating fine. She roams the yard pecking at bugs and such just fine. The sneezing seems to occur most when she lowers her head to drink or peck at something on the ground. I have looked her over and found nothing alarming. No discharge, no watery eyes, her color and stool look good. The problem for me is I live far from the feed store and I intend to head there tomorrow to get something to make her better and I want to be prepared when I get there. I don't have a lot of money and I don't want her to get worse or infect the other two and cost me more money down the line. So please, any ideas would be most appreciated.

I had the same thing happen to me last week, my CM hen started gasping and lying down, her comb was turning purple on the tips. I thought she was sick so I started giving her antibiotics in her water w/ a syringe. A lot. Then, as I held her upside down to see her throat, as she came right side up, she barfed a lot of water back up, but immediately stopped panting, her comb was normal and was fine and has been since! I think something scratched her throat, she gives a hack every few days when she is gobbling crumbles....
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom