Sneezing silkie!

please do not abbreviate  names of medicine I am a very beginner with chickens  I have 1 silkie my little house pet and am very worried about her constant sneezing   now what should I do for her now  please help us    thank you, Paul and silkie sue

Try the vinegar method. See how she is in 3-4 days. If that doesn't work get some antibiotics from TSC or agway. That should work. And make sure if she is laying don't eat the eggs for 2 weeks after treatment. Good luck to you and your silkie

what is ..TSC I am newbie and don't know abbreviations,, as posted in my question I will try vinegar how much do I dilute it so she will still drink it? thank you so much for the help , ..Paul

thank you so much. I would have never guessed tractor lol I got her to drink a couple sips at a much stronger dilution and it REALLY seemed to help I also gave her a little lettuce with some Italian dressing (viniger) on it and warmed up her house (a shoe box with a flap door) up at night. she is an indoor chicken so far. I think she is gonna make it . thank you again, Paul

Last edited:
Y
thank you so much. I would have never guessed tractor  lol    I got her to drink a couple sips at a much stronger dilution and it REALLY seemed to help     I also gave her a little lettuce with some Italian dressing (viniger) on it and warmed up her house (a shoe box with a flap door) up at night.  she is an indoor chicken so far.  I think she is gonna make it .   thank you again,  Paul   

Your welcome, good luck to you and your bird:)

I have a sneezing silkie who is congested as well. It was getting better, then we got cooler, rainy weather and it's sneezing again. I put VetRx on at night. Should I give them all Duramycin? She's not isolated and has been with the other chickens. My other 2 silkies might sneeze on occasion. I have the Duramycin but not sure if that's what to do. I can heat their coop at night, but I was advised not to do that in the summer. It's in the 60's at night but very damp.

I have a sneezing silkie who is congested as well. It was getting better, then we got cooler, rainy weather and it's sneezing again. I put VetRx on at night. Should I give them all Duramycin? She's not isolated and has been with the other chickens. My other 2 silkies might sneeze on occasion. I have the Duramycin but not sure if that's what to do. I can heat their coop at night, but I was advised not to do that in the summer. It's in the 60's at night but very damp.

I'm assuming the Duramycin is an antibiotic, if so then I would treat her and any birds she has direct contact with just to be safe. And remember...DONT eat the eggs for about 2 weeks

Ok, I will do that. I wasn't sure if antibiotics were they route to go. thank you!

Yea, I understand. Thats not something you want to over use but if you think the sneezing is possibly going to resut in the bird dying then definitely yes. Feel the weight of the bird. Sometimes alot of sneezing will drain their energy and they can lose weight. Just another sign to look for....

Back
Top Bottom