Sneezing, Sniffing, Smelly Discharge on 5 week old

TwoChicksChix

Songster
May 29, 2019
West Palm Beach Florida
Hi there,

I have a 5 weeks old Mille fleur D’uccle who started exhibiting signs of something wrong last night.

He sneezes every now and then and has a really smelly discharge from his nose that blocks it half the time.

Otherwise she seems fine, walks around, eats. However I’m more worried because I had this issue with another few birds earlier and while the 5 month old got better after getting Tyland for a few days, I lost the one that was about two months old.

Basically I’m wondering if this is something else and if there’s a better course of action I can take. Thank you

So she’s started to get a little worse. She doesn’t chirp as much and just kinda sits in the food bowl I gave her in quarantine. I only have 3 duccles so I’d be really heartbroken to lose her.

A bad odor with a respiratory disease sounds like coryza. Can you look inside her beak for any yellow patches? What color is the nasal secretions? If you lose her, I would send the refrigerated, not frozen, body to the state poultry vet for a necropsy to identify the disease. Here is a list for them:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

Back
Top Bottom