Sneezing?!

EChicky

Songster
Jun 14, 2023
Hey. My chicken Trixy has been sneezing a lot recently. She is a 9 month old bared rock who other than her sneezing seems perfectly healthy. Any ideas of why she is suddenly sneezing so much?
PXL_20230930_005730949.jpg

According to what I have been reading it can be caused by several things.
  • Something in the bedding (dust)
  • Cold or another infection
I had chicks once who started to sneeze and infected each other. Some got over it within a few weeks. A few chicks took up to 6 weeks to cure completely.

Giving healthy food and a clean environment with lots of ventilation is the only recommendation I can think if.

Hey. My chicken Trixy has been sneezing a lot recently. She is a 9 month old bared rock who other than her sneezing seems perfectly healthy. Any ideas of why she is suddenly sneezing so much?View attachment 3648523
Lovely girl!
Eyes looks nice and clear, I don't see any indication of mucous.

How dusty is your coop, is there any ammonia smell in the coop?

Have you added any DE, new bedding or anything like that to the coop/run recently?

Is her crop emptying?

Do you note sneezing when she's been eating/drinking or dust bathing?

Could just be something in the environment that is irritating her. If she's acting normal, active, eating/drinking, then I would just monitor her. If you notice bubbles or pus form in the eyes, mucous from the nostrils or if she becomes lethargic or acts sick, then let us know.

Back
Top Bottom