Snoring sound

Leo1

Songster
11 Years
Jul 1, 2011
Saco, Maine
I have a pullet who is making breathing sounds that sound like snoring. She was also sneezing a little bit. She's not doing it constantly and at the moment she's gone to sleep up in the roost. She's been grumping a lot in that last couple days as well. A couple of the girls have had some running black discharge from their nostrils. I had chalked it up to the fact that it has been incredibly dry in these parts lately and dust flies up in plumes when they take dust baths, but now I'm not so sure. The weather has been crazy here. One days it's 80 the next it's 45; I'm really hoping it's just a cold! I also have a couple of 3 day old chicks that are living in the same building.
Any thought?
Thanks

Ok so over a five hour period she went from the above to making that weird noise on every exhale and sneezing every second or two and then to no longer making the noise (figures crossed it stays that way) and I didn't hear any sneezing last night. She sneezed one or two times this morning that I've heard. She lost her voice last night and it is still a bit hoarse this morning. Her energy's a bit low, but it's pouring rain and gloomy here right now, so that's probably to be expected. She's eating and drinking fine. I moved mama and babies into the house yesterday to be safe, but it's stressing mom and she's not letting the babies out from under her to eat and drink. I'm thinking I should move them back to the coop, but I'm not sure. Once again, any thoughts either on what's going on with Morgaine, the sneezing girl, or what I should do with mama and babies? Thanks for any help anyone can give. It's a learning process!

I did read over that list and nothing looks quite right. I also have the chicken health handbook which never seems to help much
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom