Snow in the South -- Check In Here

What makes it worse is it's a military area so we have people from all over trying to drive around. Either under or overestimating their skills and/or the road. I want to pick up a few things but it's nothing that can't wait until tomorrow.

Same.

We *could* drive for an EMERGENCY. But being almost out of decaf isn't an emergency.

Same.

We *could* drive for an EMERGENCY. But being almost out of decaf isn't an emergency.
Lol, right? I think many people would've stayed home during normal weather but, by golly, since they're being told to stay home they'll go out unnecessarily. Government should tell people to go out and drive in dangerous weather then maybe more would stay home

Lol, right? I think many people would've stayed home during normal weather but, by golly, since they're being told to stay home they'll go out unnecessarily. Government should tell people to go out and drive in dangerous weather then maybe more would stay home

Our church is cancelling early services because the entire county -- if not the entire eastern half of the state -- is going to be a solid sheet of ice.

Our church is cancelling early services because the entire county -- if not the entire eastern half of the state -- is going to be a solid sheet of ice.
Yup, anything that melted today will refreeze. Gonna be around 15 degrees for me tonight. As a precaution things should be pushed to like noon at the earliest tomorrow. High in 40s and sunny in my area so things should be back to normal.

I brought the waterers in tonight.

I found 4 chickens trying to sleep in the same nestbox -- 2 cockerels and 2 pullets.

The flock is only occupying about 3/4 of the usual space on the roosts because they're snuggled up tight.
I can't imagine the open air completely open and it this cold...are they doing OK?

Well this was unexpected. Fog from the bay rolled in sometime last night before the temperature dropped below freezing again and gave us a rare winter wonderland😄
IMG_20220123_075433587.jpg
IMG_20220123_073851485.jpg

I can't imagine the open air completely open and it this cold...are they doing OK?

It was supposed to be 18F this morning (DH got me the batteries for the new thermostat sensors and I'll be putting them up as soon as the snow melts).

They're fine. Crowding all around my feet this morning complaining that the water wasn't there when they got off the roost. I did notice that they were taking a lot less space on the roost last night than usual.

I've got a wind break tarp on the downhill wall, the one that doesn't normally get wind, but *might* get some in a swirling storm. They *could* get down onto a lower roost in the more sheltered section where I had the integration pen if they wanted to, but they haven't done it yet.
Well this was unexpected. Fog from the bay rolled in sometime last night before the temperature dropped below freezing again and gave us a rare winter wonderland😄View attachment 2969580View attachment 2969582

How very beautiful!

No "fluffy white" here, plenty of frost. I saw 27 degrees, but the weatherman claims we had 26 last nite. No photos, all you would see is a wall of ice surrounding one of the raised beds from the sprinklers I have running, and ducks bathing in it.

OK, one picture - greetings from sunny Northwest Florida!
1642952642649.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom