Snowed Inn - Breakfast by woodstove

YUM I love reading your posts!!! It would be awesome to have a woodstove in the kitchen. There was one in mine but the previous owners moved it to the basement and vented it into the chimney. Doesn't do me a bit of good down there
rant.gif

We have barely a dusting of snow here in Ohio and I'm GLAD! I do feel your pain because I know it's just a matter of time for us. Off topic maybe, but all of our ducks are still laying. This is our first winter with ducks and they're all laying every day. Should we expect them to stop/slow down when it gets worse outside? Egg sales are booming so I'm hoping they don't stop. Sold 10 dozen this week
fl.gif

Miss Prissy do you have one of those big cooking woodstove's I want one so bad. Mine is in the living room but I still cook on the top of it. Would love the one with the oven though

Quote:
It depends on the air flow in your house. My kitchen is sort of disconnected from the rest of the house and only some of the heat helps out in other rooms.

Quote:
I Bet. I asked my insurance company and found out that if I install one my premium would skyrocket. Alas I will have to be content with the gas furnace. Were I to put one in on the sly it would void my policy were there ever a fire even if the stove didn't cause it. Sad because I have about 10 acres of old growth woods on the back of my property and just the deadfall would probably heat this place for an entire winter.

This one was here when we bought the house. Since it is preexisting and the house is 100 yrs old and it is a main source of heat we didn't see a big to do with the ins. No heat is as good as wood heat.

Quote:
Nope. Just a little woodstove with a stepdown top. I can put a couple pots or a pot and a griddle on the flat part. The photo is around page 2 on this thread.

i have been looking at those stoves for awhile! I found one that was huge and seriously the coolest thing ever! I also looked at the potbelly ones. Is that the one you have?

MissPrissy, love the stove and that breakfast looks fantastic!

We don't have a cookstove, but our wood stove has a cooking surface. So far I've only cooked soup on it.

Back
Top Bottom