Snowing in Mississippi

Patch of Heaven Farm

Songster
11 Years
Oct 8, 2008
mississippi/louisana line
I live in southern Mississippi and this is what we woke up to today!
ya.gif

Anyone else in Mississippi with snow pics?

snow031.jpg

snow030.jpg

snow008.jpg

snow023.jpg

Dusty playing in the snow

snow018.jpg

Last edited:
Debiraymond you can have all of ours
barnie.gif
talk about cold trying to feed animals in this stuff....

Gadawg we have over 7 inches since 530am and it is snowing still...
th.gif

weatherman keeps calling it thunder snow? any idea what that is?
hu.gif

Thunder snow just means that people have heard thunder during the snowstorm. It happens sometimes when the upper air temp is warmer and cold air hits the warmer. It's not super rare, just a bit unusual, I think it is more rare but not impossible for there to even be lightning during a snow storm.

[edit] OH and WOW, just saw your area, you poor thing!!! We're used to dealing with it but you guys must be going bonkers!!! Are the kids loving it? DON'T DRIVE ANYWHERE!!! I can't imagine how crazy drivers probably are when snow must be so rare there!!!

Last edited:
here in houston people were driving crazy last night cause we had one of our super rare snows! my moms from up north so she was safe driving
smile.png
she knows how to handle snow and ice on roads unlike most people down here

I came out of my office to discover it was practically blizzarding outside! Freaky stuff for TN! We NEVER get snow before Christmas. The roads hadn't been salted so driving home was a little scary. There is now a lovely inch or so out there and it looks beautiful! The high tomorrow is in the 40s so it'll all be gone by lunchtime. Oh well...
I'm a little worried about the rest of winter now. So far it has been freakishly cold!

I have driven through TN in the Summer and thought those crazy people were going to kill me! I would hate to see what the natives call "a little scary"
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom