Snug a bug in a rug

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
My poor little silkie,.might be half polish, has had wry neck for awhile now,
This is after giving her nutri drench which she doesnt like and takes a fit, but she sure loves thos part
20191211_122509.jpg

Im worried about her though, she eats and drinks and does lift her head but most of the time she stands with it tucked
She doesn't seem weak

Where would I get them ? Are they just ones like people would take
And yes I would love advice
The last ones I just got are from Walmart, much easier to cut and squeeze lol. Spring Valley 450 mg soft capsules. Per my chicken vet book you cannot overdose them on vitamin e just so you know that in advance.
This is what I have been doing and he is getting better.
4 soft gel vitamin e, I take a small nail sissor and snip them open squeeze them in a shallow medicine cup. I purchased Enfomil Poly-Vi-Sol (without iron) and add 6 drops to the vitamin e. I mix in something (spaghetti o juice, applesauce) to thin it out a little and make it more palletable. I place him/her between my legs and he basically drinks it from the cup. Get some sunflower seeds, that really helped too. Just like a snack, but the value of what is in them works great!

The last ones I just got are from Walmart, much easier to cut and squeeze lol. Spring Valley 450 mg soft capsules. Per my chicken vet book you cannot overdose them on vitamin e just so you know that in advance.
This is what I have been doing and he is getting better.
4 soft gel vitamin e, I take a small nail sissor and snip them open squeeze them in a shallow medicine cup. I purchased Enfomil Poly-Vi-Sol (without iron) and add 6 drops to the vitamin e. I mix in something (spaghetti o juice, applesauce) to thin it out a little and make it more palletable. I place him/her between my legs and he basically drinks it from the cup. Get some sunflower seeds, that really helped too. Just like a snack, but the value of what is in them works great!

Thank you so much I will pick some up tomorrow
I was sprinkling sage over her food before I could get out and get the Nutri drench which actually seemed to help a bit
Also found chicken treats that had dried veggies in it

Thank you so much I will pick some up tomorrow
I was sprinkling sage over her food before I could get out and get the Nutri drench which actually seemed to help a bit
Also found chicken treats that had dried veggies in it
Yes the nutri-drench will but she needs the vitamin e to actually recover. I saw a difference with the sunflower seeds. I put it in a small blender so easier for them to peck at.

Back
Top Bottom