Snuggly saved hens! (hens of any breed) !!! *****No prizes***** (BEGINS 31/10/20 ENDS 14/11/20)

It took about two weeks for them to grow out of all their scruffiness, about a month for them to stop being terrified of me. Their beaks are still growing back, slowly but surely. Round Chicken (named because she was very circle shaped when she didn't have a tail) only got her tail back about a month ago. None of them laid for about 2 months after we got them, but now we get 3 eggs daily.
Huh... mine are very different! Laid eggs from the first day but don't want to grow back beaks or wing/tail feathers.... lol. They are still a bit iffy about me now and I've had them for about 2 months

image.jpeg

I know this won't qualify, but this is my scruffy hen named Elizabeth. I got her by breed a blue frizzle silkie hen to a regular sized NN.

Yep SO tiny.
She is the smallest type of serama and weighs just 225g!
I love her.
They are surprisingly easy to get hold of here but it is cold and wet so she and her sister Hobnob (below) sleep in a dog cage in my room.
They are lovely pets!
P1020744 (1).JPG

I would join but I don't have ex batts. I'm not sure what conditions mine were being kept in before I"m got them, though. They all had clipped beaks, one of them didn't have a tail, and they all looked quite scruffy. Not sure if it counts as rescuing, though.

Back
Top Bottom