Snuggly saved hens! (hens of any breed) !!! *****No prizes***** (BEGINS 31/10/20 ENDS 14/11/20)

I would join but I don't have ex batts. I'm not sure what conditions mine were being kept in before I"m got them, though. They all had clipped beaks, one of them didn't have a tail, and they all looked quite scruffy. Not sure if it counts as rescuing, though.

Y
I would join but I don't have ex batts. I'm not sure what conditions mine were being kept in before I"m got them, though. They all had clipped beaks, one of them didn't have a tail, and they all looked quite scruffy. Not sure if it counts as rescuing, though.
Yeahhhh... post a pic :D Doen't look as though many people have ex-bats anyway. We'd love to see your chooks!

These are all really bad pics of them in their tiny terrible coop. Couldn't get better pics of them. We have a new coop now.
1604843837026.png

1604843929898.png

Here they are now.... (several months later)
IMG-1997.jpg

The one in the top left had no tail when we got her. She still has the worst clipped beak, but it is improving. The one in the top right is molting, so looks a bit funny.
1604844141037.png

These are all really bad pics of them in their tiny terrible coop. Couldn't get better pics of them. We have a new coop now.
View attachment 2403664
View attachment 2403667
Here they are now.... (several months later)
View attachment 2403670
The one in the top left had no tail when we got her. She still has the worst clipped beak, but it is improving. The one in the top right is molting, so looks a bit funny.
View attachment 2403671
Yay! How long did it take them to recover for you? I kinda wish I got some white hens...love her big floppy comb! They are looking lovely!

Yay! How long did it take them to recover for you? I kinda wish I got some white hens...love her big floppy comb! They are looking lovely!
It took about two weeks for them to grow out of all their scruffiness, about a month for them to stop being terrified of me. Their beaks are still growing back, slowly but surely. Round Chicken (named because she was very circle shaped when she didn't have a tail) only got her tail back about a month ago. None of them laid for about 2 months after we got them, but now we get 3 eggs daily.

Awwwww! She looks a lot like mine... do you know what breed yours are?

BHWT say on their web site they are all Rhode Island Red crosses such as Lohman Browns, Goldlines, Hylines or Isa’s - beyond that I have no idea!

Sounds like a rescue to me!

It took about two weeks for them to grow out of all their scruffiness, about a month for them to stop being terrified of me. Their beaks are still growing back, slowly but surely. Round Chicken (named because she was very circle shaped when she didn't have a tail) only got her tail back about a month ago. None of them laid for about 2 months after we got them, but now we get 3 eggs daily.
Huh... mine are very different! Laid eggs from the first day but don't want to grow back beaks or wing/tail feathers.... lol. They are still a bit iffy about me now and I've had them for about 2 months

Back
Top Bottom