So an idiot sold me the wrong egg.......

TennesseeTruly

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Church Hill, TN
and its too late...I'm in love already.

Let me explain. I bought 3 of what I thought were Roman Tufted eggs on Ebay a month ago. Put them in my incubator. One was clear. Today, the two of them hatched. When I saw the dark beak on the one, peeking out through the hole in the egg, I was furious!

But over the last few hours, peeping back and forth, I've softened. When the first one hatched, I fell instantly in love and thought, "okay, its a Toulouse, not so bad." The second one hatched and it IS a Roman Tufted.

So I go to Ebay to tell the guy about the predicament and I look at his feedback and see that this isn't a Toulouse...its a Chinese! I'll be honest, I don't know alot about Chinese but I haven't heard anything all that great about them.

I'm absolutely furious. I only wanted 2 kinds of geese, now I have 3. I've already fallen head over heels for the two of them so I don't want to get rid of the little Chinese. I'm just aggravated!

Anyway, someone tell me something about Brown Chinese geese, please.

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Sorry to hear about your mix up. I've kept the Brown Chinese in the past they are a little more vocal than what you're used to. But having just one in your flock my not have much of an impact. I hope it is a little girl. My geese have been much sweeter than my ganders. The geese are a little less vocal too. I've had some super sweet little females!

Oh Laurie....sooner or later you would have ended up with 3 kinds of geese anyways....lol.
Now the problem is that you need to get some more like it so it has friends. Bah haa haaaa.
lau.gif

Quote:
Be careful Kim....I'll send those Canada Geese back your way. LOL

Oh well. He or she has already wormed its way into my heart. And I know he sent me the egg by mistake, but darn it all. I really wanted Roman Tufted's!

Back
Top Bottom