So angry I could cry!

UGH! I'm so sorry
sad.png
hugs.gif
My hatcher did that to me last night - spiked to 108 for no reason. I noticed because the chicks stopped making noise. The chicks recovered and were running around like little crazy peeps later.

Hopefully your eggs will be ok!!
fl.gif

-Spooky

That is horrible...I hope the others hatch for you!!! I broke open a chicken egg once before and it was still alive so you are not alone!!

I accidentally broke open an egg that was about day 18...I forgot I had thrown it in a few days after the others and was thinking it should have hatched...I covered it up with wet paper towel, but it died about 24 hours later...I felt sick about it for a while, but it was a live and learn experience.

sad.png
I'm so sorry Niki. I hope that all the chicks hatch out perfectly fine. Are they quail eggs or chicken eggs? I hope you get a 100% hatch rate from the ones still alive.
hmm.png

Cody!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'm so greatful for the ones that I can stil see moving it warmed my heart, but when I saw the ones I just saw last night moving not moving with bursted blood vessles...gosh that just broke my heart. I have one chick in there that's a fighter...it got some bursted blood vessles from when the first heat problem happend 107 days ago, it looks like a burn spot on the inside of the egg...and its still alive thorugh this one and no extra bursted blood vessles that i see. If i see that one hatch it's getting the name Lucky for sure.
smile.png

As for what day im on.......errummmm lets see here...

1st batch that i only have 5 left from arrre on day 11 too!
smile.png

second batch of 7 are on day are on day 5
and the third batch are on day 4 (theres 5 of those as well).

So obviously i have more than 14 left....however second and third batch, dont know if they're developing yet anyhow.
smile.png
But yay that makes me feel better!

My mutt chickens outside layed an egg for me today (the hen i thought was stopping laying but she gave meone ha ha), so those and soem extra golden comet eggs, and another mutt egg I have out getting to room temp so I can throw some more in the bator!
smile.png

I'm feeling more positive today but paranoid I dont want anymore temp spikes! LOL!

Thank you for the well wishes everyone, and for the reassurance!!!!

Quote:
I think this is a dimmer switch....it's whatever the LG heater thing is....it sounds like it'd be a dimmer switch though the way it IS dependant on the ambient air temp *want to smash it* LOL!

The only reason i opened eggs was to make sure i was right and i was on several, but I think it was 3 iopened up i wanted ot slap myself for grrr! I am so afraid of eggs exploding in the bator that's why i did it, and i shouldnt have....i should have waited *pouts*

thank you for your experiences too, makes me feel a bit better! Im keepin the hope!
smile.png

Quote:
ha ha yeah for this time of year here! LOL! It's a little "colder" right now 39.5 lol. This weather is like a heatwave, grounds still frozen in places, but it was enough to mess things up *pouts*

Thank you:)

Quote:
Thank you Cody!!!

Sorry I havent gotten that picture for you yet of my inner hutch part, its' sprinkling today or i would have (my luck i'd get the camera wet :rollseyes ) lol!

They're chicken eggs. I never seem to have luck with hatching them so I hope your wishes are right!
big_smile.png

Quote:
the worst was my only RIR egg that would hatch here on the 17th that I opened up i was SURE it was dead, several broken blood vessles very visable upon candling and no movement, opened it up and the lil thing died in my hands....I wanted to punch myself...I could kick myself in the butt though Ha ha...... thank you

Back
Top Bottom