So angry with omlet!

Jun 14, 2020
Hi! I ordered a walk-in chicken run from omlet a while ago, now it’s not coming until the 19th August!! I am sooo disappointed!

now I need to search for something similar and get it ordered. I have slabbed paving, slightly uneven. I found this online:

https://gardenlifedirect.co.uk/product/chicken-run-2m-x-8m-6ft-x-26ft/

anyone bought from this website? I’m desperate to get something that’s easy to dissemble if I need to move house.
Help me plzzzz

Hi! I ordered a walk-in chicken run from omlet a while ago, now it’s not coming until the 19th August!! I am sooo disappointed!

now I need to search for something similar and get it ordered. I have slabbed paving, slightly uneven. I found this online:

https://gardenlifedirect.co.uk/product/chicken-run-2m-x-8m-6ft-x-26ft/

anyone bought from this website? I’m desperate to get something that’s easy to dissemble if I need to move house.
Help me plzzzz
That's unfortunate you can't get your run in a decent time. I'd be willing to bet you're going to find the same issue everywhere because so many businesses were shut down because of the pandemic.
I would call the Garden Life Direct company and speak with a customer service rep directly and ask what the lead time is on that run. It's a great size.

I saw somewhere people had gone crazy getting their own chickens during covid so stocks of coops and also chicks are months behing. I had a look at a couple of other suppliers and they are also saying at least 6 weeks delivery.

The one thing about the run you linked is that it's only 1" x 1" 20g mesh (chicken wire?) which is quite thin. A determined dog or fox and definitely a badger could easily tear through that. You could run 2 feet of 16g ½ x ½ inch weld mesh around the bottom part to secure it further if you wished or go for the 19g weld mesh upgrade.

You don't mention how many chickens you have as there may be more secure but smaller runs available for the price and are you planning on moving house?

edit - if you only have chicks now you might be able to make something suitable for them until Omlet can supply?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom