So...are any hatcheries selling chicks right now?

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
14 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
I looked at ideal earlier and all the ones I looked at said out of season.

Not that I *need* any, mind you. Need and want can be easily confused, though. ;-)

Ideal Hatchery seems to be selling chicks. Not all of them are in season, but some of the standard varieties are. You can't MAKE a chicken lay eggs. Only hope them to be seasonal. So it comes down to what kind of chickens you are looking to get, and if they are in season. Don't worry... most will be ready to start producing in February.

I wasn't being picky, actually looked at a lot of different breeds. None I could find were "in season".

I have chickens so I perfectly know that you can't force them to lay. I haven't gotten an egg in months!
barnie.gif

That's odd unless they changed things. I was just on there yesterday and they had several available dates on different stock? I even ordered Wyandottes last week from them and am expecting them this week. Very odd indeed. (I did check, Buff Orps, SLW, GLW, and Reds seem to be available)

Ideal is taking orders now on all breeds for the season. If you want some of the rarer breeds it would be wise to get your orders in. They may not be available now, however they will let you know when they are available and will try to ship them on the date you request.

I think the midwest hatcheries are looking at Feb 1st/ Feb 8th as the first ship date this year... Not sure about the south
christina

Back
Top Bottom