So Bummed Right Now...

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
OK so here it goes...
About a month and a half ago I went into my local feed store and the lady said she was taking orders for chicks. The feed store was sold over the winter and is now run by all new people..soooo I ordered my one Partridge Cochin Roo and off I went. I had been in every week since placing my order and everytime he kept saying he wasn't sure what was going on with the shipment yet.....Well They got a shipment of chickies the week before easter so I went in. The guy in there told me he wasn't sure if he could get him(my roo) because the minimum oder per breed is 5. Ok so why not sell me my roo and sell the rest? IDK, so anyway he told me not to worry and that we will figure something out. He them told me that he would be in the week of the 31st .....Like now.... Well I just called, the lady answered. I asked if he had arrived yet..she says she didn't know and she put the phone down. Well i over heard her talking to the guy and he said "I told her(her being ME) that I have a minimum of 5 that I can't order them and no one else wants that kind, so I can not do it" :thun Well first off he NEVER told me he COUDN"T do it...he kept telling me for 5 weeks now that he will figure out a way and that maybe he would order 2 roos and 3 hens and that way I could take my little guy and someone else would have a flock...... I am sooo mad. Luckily when I quit TSC a month ago, I left on good terms and my manager said he would order him for me , no problem but they don't get their first shipment until the 14th....so now I have to wait 3 MORE weeks...

Soooo bummed right now....

Last edited:
Well, pooh - that's annoying! There's nothing harder than waiting for baby chicks, and now you have to wait 3 more weeks!
I'd be cranky, too! :thun

I think I would be finding myself a new feed store. Not only does this guy not do what he says he will but they dont know how to push the hold button on the phone!! wow......They keep that up and they might do themselves in.....bad business.

I am sorry you don't have your baby yet.....Good luck
Tink

I Know...and I was just about to go up to the attic and bring down the baby brooder...
Our TSC orders from Mt Healthy...I hope the Partridge Cochins from there are nice looking...

The guy who used to own the feed store would have done it...he always had. He ordered my girls for me last spring and special prdered geese for a friend of mine...both were under the minimum per breed, but he just sold the others... He retired and now these people have it ...I tried to think..ok maye it is because it is their first time ordering for the spring and stuff....but lying or beating around the bush just doesn't work....

Last edited:
Write a letter-sometimes it doesn't do any good, but it always makes me feel better. Maybe you will get some free chicks out of the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom